Reflecting on law school and lawyering half-way through

I really like to write. I find it helps me reflect and focus. Over the last few years, I have written out all of my biggest decisions and worked through the hardest times through my journals.

But this year, I also decided to consciously make more of this writing public. It has been hard in some ways because writing is one of the few times I am really alone with myself and my thoughts and sharing some of this means sharing private parts of myself. But I also think that increasing the number of critical discussions and especially reflective ones is something I try to promote, and sharing my writing is my attempt to engage in these discussions with more people.

I just updated my blog with some of my writing from our school newspaper. These pieces reflect my changing thoughts on the way I want to engage with the law, law school, and social justice lawyering. As always, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Next up - going to Tuscon, Arizona to do border refugee and humanitarian work over spring break!

Thanks for all the support and love.
- Sima

Comments

  1. I routinely read and reread your posts and am so impressed with your passion and commitment. You are right to understand the need to connect with people and work together for a common goal. You energize me in my own quest to help the disenfranchised not from a lawyer's approach but my own background in the health profession. But with the same aim to improve justice for all. Love you, Maman

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bagan: a beautiful, magical place

A wonderful weekend hanging out and traveling around Yangon

Coming to terms with inequality in Burma